Thursday, May 17, 2007

Under the Weather

I hates bein' sick. Seriously. I got this weird sinus infection thing going on and it's knocked me on my ass. I guess better now that I'm out of school and have the luxury of just sitting around this weekend.

Being sick has left me able to get some writing done (or at least get some thinking about writing done). Right now, with thesis time staring me in the face and the possibility of doing a western as said thesis, I'm trying to think of something kind of exciting to do. I've always wanted to make a western. I love the genre, but I guess more than that, I love a sub-genre of the western genre. I love the "Man With No Name" series of Clint Eastwood films. My personal favorite is High Plains Drifter. That's movie makin' right there. And so I've set my mind to making something similar... at least in tone.

Right now I'm seeing a strange expressionistic film about good and evil. Nothing new, but I'd like to put my own spin on it. That being said... it's a hell of a hard thing to accomplish without a budget. We'll see.

Anywho. Back to the grind of being sick. Couch time. I think I'll watch some Buffy... something to make me feel mo betta.

No comments: