Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Let the Teaching Commence...

I try to sneak a Dark City reference in as many places as I can :)

So yesterday began the semester for us and I'm pretty loaded down. It's a good thing. The editing process is slow for me, so I'm filling my time with class prep. It's a strange semester for me. I'm teaching two editing classes (one introductory, the other more advanced), a directing class, and two independent studies on Directing and Cinematography. Lots to do and good groups of students.

Next week I leave for Seattle and the Sci-Fi Film Festival. I'm excited, but I hate flying. No, I mean REALLY hate flying. So much so that I'm almost wishing I hadn't been accepted into the fest... almost. It's going to be a wonderful experience to see what other filmmakers are doing on my level (and WAY above by the looks of it... check out YouTube for the trailer to a short film called "E:D:E:N"). There is also a film from AFI named "The Recordist". It looks great and I can't wait to see it.

All in all things are moving forward quite well. I haven't heard any results for the jobs I applied for, but I'm told that's normal and I won't hear anything until March. As the Spaniard says, "I hate waiting."

Also been rethinking the whole "Blog" thing these days. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to the vast emptiness of the internet with this thing. I'm not really sure it's worth my time. I keep one on MySpace and seem to have a better turn out. I'm not much for diaries so this may be superfluous. I don't know. We'll see.

Current Music: A strange mix of Bullet for my Valentine, Gwar, Bush, and Chevelle.
Current Movies: Sunshine

No comments: