Friday, December 14, 2007

"Blocked" - To Butte I Go.

I'll be doing Cinematography for the short film "Blocked" by my good friend and fellow grad student Jeff Garrett. It's a classic noir piece and I've enjoyed working on the few scenes we've shot in Missoula. The big stuff is all in Butte, MT which is nice and not so nice all at the same time. 

The Nice: Great, and I mean GREAT locations.

Not so Nice: It's in Butte. Which is the only place I've found to rival Porterville, CA for the "Nothing Going On" award. It's pretty dead.

But shooting a noir is great fun, if not stressful. There's allot of pressure on the D.P. to really use the light to tell the story. But it's a great challenge and I've already had some successes and some failures. But that's okay. Gotta learn somewhere, right?

Anyways. I'm up later than I should be. So tired and beat-up that I just can't seem to get sleep.  Lucky you, that means I get to blog a little ;)

Your Lonely Director,

Nick J.

No comments: